Convert WinACC projects to S7300/S7400

Pandiani

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys,
I'm having problems converting WinAC (WinLC RTF F application) to S7 300 project based on CPU 319F-3PN or S7 400/416F-3PN. The problem is the same.

I have read this thread here, and before I dd something similar and it worked without problems.
Now, I think that problematic part is that this project has safety part.

I have first recreated HW configuration manually, save&compile and ensure that hw configuration is consistent.
Next step would be to copy all blocks from one project to another, and I did try that, but during consistency check and compilation there was a warning message that at least one F-DB number is out of supported range.

I examined F parameters in the CPU properties of both projects and found the differences shown in the attached file.
And indeendin the original WinAC project safety DBs numbers start from 52xxx, while in migrated project they can only start from 21xx. If I try to change number range in the S7 project to match that in WinAC, I get message that max number is 16000.

These F-DBs are protected and are instance of FB, so I don't want to screw this up in the target (migrated) project.

How to proceed further? if I just copy blocks from one project to another and compile, I get this out of range warning, and I see that new F-DBs are recreated (in addition to old ones that are kept in the folder), but how to know if DBs are "connected" to the right FBs after compilation?

The end goal is to migrate this to TIA v17, but I learned that this process from WinAC to S7-1500 is much easier if there is a successful migration to S7300/400 first.

Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

WinAC to S7_300.png