RS Logix: Transporting Variables into a data table

glpdrumerx

I am new to the game of programing and I am using Rs Logix500 software and trying to do indirect addressing. i have built a data table in microsoft excel and would rather transfer the info into the data table instead of typing it in. can anyone help me out.

In order to do a direct import you will have to save your program as a .SLC library file. The edit the library file in word. Once you open up the .SLC file you will see the data tables and their format. You can then cut and paste into the data table in the .SLC text file. Save this and then reopen your program from the .SLC file and save as a Logix 500 file.

I'm not sure he's talking about the library tables. I think he might be talking about topic configuration and dde.
What exactly are you trying to import into the data tables? What are you trying to do? What outcome are you looking for?

i am oiling material going thru a machine and oiling according to speed. we measure speed in feet per min. we oil 40 fpm. i have the data built 4000 -0

Last edited:
You can set up DDE between Excel and RSLinx (Gateway or Pro) to move the numbers for you.

It will not work with RSLinx Lite.

If you have a version of ESLinx that supports it, look up DDE and Excel in the RSLinx help system.

There are examples there that are pretty easy to follow.