RS View -Restoring Application

Coachman

Hope you had a good weekend. This is a stupid question. I was
e-mailed some RS View archive files from a equipment manufacture,and I want to open them up ,but I keep getting these messages about the file.

The file'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RS View
Enterprise\ME\HMI Projects\Dry_Circuit_07_2006.apa'is not a valid
archive file.

What would I be missing.

Thanks,

If these files came to you on a CD, make sure they are not "Read-Only" by checking the file properties.

EDIT: Sorry....saw they were emailed. I would still check to make sure they're not read only.

Check out tech document R131734265 in the Rockwell knowledgebase. There are a couple of patch files attached to that document.

HTH,
Jeff

EDIT: Make sure you're using the same version of RSView ME as the one the files were created with. Also, the patch files mentioned above apply to version 4.0. Make sure you back up the files that are being replaced.

Last edited:
What version of the software are you running? What version of the software was the original file created in?

Unfortunately, some RSView ME files are not backwards compatible. For example, if the original file was created in version 4.0, and you are running version 3.2, you will not be able to open the .apa file.

Rick