Change display radix in instruction?

kolyur

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Can someone please tell me how to change the display radix of a constant entered into an instruction in RSLogix500??? I have been trying to figure this out for an hour and it is driving me nuts.

Example: In the XOR instruction when I type 110011b into the Source field, it converts it to 51 decimal before displaying it. I want it to stay in binary. There must be a way!

Thanks,
John

110011 equates to a decimal of 51, if the N registers are set to decimal it will use that equation.

The problem comes in when setting the N registers to decimal then 110011 is out of valid range.

Others can offer more then I can, just posted to keep it high.

kolyur said:
Can someone please tell me how to change the display radix of a constant entered into an instruction in RSLogix500??? I have been trying to figure this out for an hour and it is driving me nuts.

Example: In the XOR instruction when I type 110011b into the Source field, it converts it to 51 decimal before displaying it. I want it to stay in binary. There must be a way!

Thanks,
John

(I'm pretty confident this works, my laptop is at work) Instead of a constant of 51, put it in a binary memory location (B3:13 as an example) and use that address in the instruction. If a binary file is specified it will display in binary format, use an integer file location and it will display in integer format.

Instead of a constant of 51, put it in a binary memory location (B3:13 as an example) and use that address in the instruction. If a binary file is specified it will display in binary format, use an integer file location and it will display in integer format.

My software does not seem to operate this way. With the XOR instruction it seems that the display is always in hex regardless of what is entered. With a math instruction like ADD, display is in decimal.

radix.jpg

In searching the forums I have seen some references to changing the radix display in RSL... but always referring to the data file window, which has a popup menu. It appears that each instruction has a default radix display for its parameters... does anyone know if this can be changed? This is driving me nuts because I'm pretty sure I've seen instructions displaying their parameters in different bases. I just can't remember where.