Profibus with STEP 5, need some help.

Tom sem Jerry

I need to make communication between a equipment that uses profibus and S5.

How can i do it? banghead

Anyboody could help me??

thank you all

First, what are you trying to talk to from the PLC? If you are just trying to get a few data points (<100) and going to an HMI, I would recommend using the programming port and using an AS511 driver. No extra cards or programming on the PLC end is needed. It is limited in speed to 19,200kb. If you want "full Blown" graphics, you can use profibus or ethernet. Both require using a card in the rack and some programming.

Hi

Siemens provide a CP541 communications module that provides a profibus link. You may still be able to download a manual form Siemens.de site. 6ES5-998-1DL11

If you are using 115 135 or 155 then you need the CP 5431

Hello!
You need the cards and also the COM profibus program !
Don't even think about doing it with the serial interface that is for point to point communications and causes a lot of work to get it functioning. Usually you can't even get field devices that support that protocol.

If you have solved the problem why not share the solution with us?
I'm trying to connect a 100U with the Cp541 and could do with a hint, cheers,
alexander