Siemens Step 7, Simatic Mgr, Adding a DO16 to an existing ET200M (Profibus)

AutomationTechBrian

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm just trying to figure out the right method of adding a DO card to an existing rack. It's not the *next* open slot, but I have to move the AO card one slot over to make room to add another DO card.

There isn't a "insert card" in the menu, just a "replace", and of course "delete". I've been scanning documentation, but there isn't anything that clearly points out how to add a card to the rack, other than there is an order to how to cards are placed (I believe).

Can someone offer insight to the process, so I can figure out where to find more instructions?

You can use Ctrl+x and Ctrl+v to cut and paste. Alternatively, in the bottom detail window pane you should be able to drag from one slot to another.

On the right side of the screen should be the hardware catalog, from which you may drag the new card. If you don't see it look in the text menus at the top of the screen (I think there is a View menu).

Did this answer your question, or am I misunderstanding?

Thank you, guys! I was freaking out because that's what I did, and I was getting errors. I struggle with classic Step 7, so there was a fear I messed something up because I didn't understand the "right" way.

But, like we say, "it's always the details!"...

I arrived at the jobsite about an hour ago, and as we were thinking about what it could be, someone noticed the connector exposed at the end of the rack. Which means the cards were moved, but the connector for the last card wasn't moved to the left side of the card. And that ended up being the cause.

I'm good now. Thanks again!