ENI Module with Micrologix PLC

Kevin Meyer

I am using an ENI module (1761-NET-ENI) to convert from RS232 to ethernet to a pump station. I have had 4 ENI modules fail over the last 6 months, they start to lose comms on and off over a few weeks and evertually fail. Power supplies appear to be fine and the RS Linx error is Comm Error 01E00204.

Any suggestions?

ENI module

External power supply. Cat # 1761-NET-ENI Ser D frn 3.21. I am using Freewave radio modem but this is working fine it is just the ENI causing problems

I ran into a problem with these. According to AB's specs, the voltage range on this module is 20.4-26.4V dc. I kid you not, it flaked out at 27 volts. A consult with AB verified that this specified range was that tight.

I accused them of outsourcing their voltage specs. Seriously, with most battery systems and charging voltage, it would be operating out of spec.

Don't know if you have looked at this or not, but I'm curious what your supply voltage is.