ControlLogix firmware upgrade via CF card ?

colemanj2000

I have a Logix 5563 Controller, 1756-L63 B
I'm trying to upgrade the firmware via DF1 (i don't have ethernet) and it takes a long time and keeps crapping out.
I've read some things that indicate I might be able to download the newest firmware, put the firmware files on a Compact Flash card then boot the controller and do my firmware upgrade that way. Any ideas on how to do this ? What are the files ? Do they need to be in the root or in a certain folder ?

L63 can be flashed from CF card, but FW files can be written to this card by controller only.
PC can't write these files.

Similar Topics

Guys, I used control flash to upgrade a 5550 L51 version 8.xx to 13.xx, This has caused me two problems, the program is now too big for the...
Replies
Views
hello i had a 1756-l61 with firmware ver 13.24. a solid red made the processor not functioning. i ordered a processor that came with firmware ver...
Replies
Views
I still have three applications using the 1756- L55 Processors on some new clients and in the need copy of Firmware ControlLogix 5555 1756-L55...
Replies
Views
Hello, I recently ran across a ControlLogix L63 processor that is running firmware version 19.52. After reviewing the rack configuration and...
Replies
Views
I've got a AB ControlLogix that I'm gonna be installing into a smaller chassis and upgrading its firmware. I've never done so before so I want to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom