Horner Electric OCS Modbus Communications

jgreenewv

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone have experience using Modbus communications with a Horner Electric OCS? I'm trying to use a set of the XLe units for a small telemetry system. I've got logic written to control the communications, but it's not working exactly correctly. If someone has an example, I would be appreciative.

Update

Well, I tweaked it a little, and I got it to work by using the Modbus Master loadable driver. I'd still like to get it working from ladder, but this'll do for now.

I am using the XLE 102, I also have the latest version of the firmware installed. We are attempting to use it in a SCADA type application. However to do so required setting the unit to talk modbus. I am going to try to include a snap shot here to show how I accomplished this communications. Just a little FYI I am using a softkey on the screen to enable and disable the modbus communications. This way I can still access com1 and the ethernet port for programming since these two are tied together. So if you want to still allow programming from the com1 port or the ethernet option if you have it installed you will need to find a way to disable it.

Ok can not seem to paste it here but I will attach a bit map file for you to look at. I am using the net id for the modbus id.