Working without support

simplewireman

I'm attempting something. I just need hints on how to fix this program.
1 Push the start button.
2 Motor starts running and runs for 5 sec. and then stops
3 Then there's a 2 second delay before starting in reverse
4 Which runs for 5 seconds also until is stops. Then there's another 2 second delay before it starts up again in the forward direction again.I think I got it up to this point.
I would like it to cycle again, again.That is why I have a counter PRE is 5.,
I've tried diffent ways either to modify rung 0 or 6 or 7
I'm sure some of you PLC guys might have short cuts, but for me I learnig to crawl first! Let's some simple hints,first to see if it's sink in. Something to remember...English is my second language...Parlez vous Français?

plcproject1.1.gif

You need to modify rung 1.

You are leaving T4:0 enabled, so it's DONE bit remains set.
That leaves T4:2 enabled, so it's DONE bit remains set.
That also leaves T4:4 enabled, so that it's DONE bit remains set at the end of the sequence.

You need to break the chain. Put the NOT for the T4:4.DN bit on rung one, and when T4:4 is done, the whole chain will break, causing T4:4's done to unmake. T4:0 will start timing again from scratch, and the cycle will repeat.

But you want to stop the cycle when the counter is done, right? So you need to use the C5:0.DN bit somewhere in your program.

Quiz: Where? (Please, no help from the audience, unless he asks again)

Good luck. You're doing fine. It's a pleasure to see a REAL student here.

PS - I'm assuming that the MOTOR_FORWARD output after the timer is just some old edit. It's a no-no to put two outputs in series in an AB PLC (timers are outputs, too, as are most math instructions). Also, you have to coils for the same output. Only the last one scanned counts (so you're code will work), but it's generally bad practice.

Last edited:
You're right it was a left over from an edit..
I'm sorry you say I have two coils for one output...
Are you taking about rung O as in B3:0/0? and the sealing contacts?
I just found out reading through some stuff that these B3's are internal coils...but don't they holding contacts as well....?Well I don't see the two coils.
I would'nt mind hearing about them. Just like I've gotten the explaination on how the DN bit works but the TT and the ACC on a rung still remains a mystery on what their functions are.

Thanks for the assistance. I will come up with a solution regarding were to plant my C5:DN and I'll repost for the "blessing". Allen Bradley's manual is very techie! I'm a plain kind of guy that has to read things twice to make it sink in ...I blame the language barrier..that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

The two coils were for O:0/0.

Sounds like you need Phil's book. Plain English. Clear instructions. Teaches you how to program.

The AB book is for how to use the individual instructions. It assumes that you already know how to program.

TT stands for Timer Timer, and is ON while the Timer is Timing (counting up). Once the Timer's done, it goes OFF.

ACC stands for ACCumulation. It's how much time has elapsed. It's useful for all sorts of things. Say you want to run two motors off of your T4:0, but you want to have the second start 1 second after the first. You could use a second timer, or you could code it like this:

+---- GRT ---+ T4:0.DN MOTOR2
---| T4:0.ACC |-----|/|--------{ }
| 10 |
+------------+

In plain English: "10 deciseconds (=1 second) into the timing, and as long as the timing is not done, run the motor)

Look forward to you post.

It might help that that edition of the instruction reference is in French.

If I could choose I'd want the plain-language info in my native language and the techie stuff in my second. In this case, it's the opposite but it's better than nothing.