what todo with old 135u s5 modules ?

Combo said:
what todo with old 135u s5 modules ?

Selling ?
Given the price of replacement units Siemens is demanding: YES! There should be plenty of people interested, if you are setting the right price, meaning substantially lower than the Siemens quotations.

If you can't get them off your hands, you can still contact some technical schools. I'm sure some will be thrilled to get the opportunity to get their hands on such equipment. The drawback: the schools are not in a position to pay much.

Kind regards,

I have seen companies that buy old S5 stuff in bulk.
Go to ebay.de and check the various sellers of used "Simatic S5" stuff, send them an email that you have a lot to get rid of. Dont expect to get a lot out of it. Think 5% of the original price, max.
You can also try to sell yourself on ebay.

Johnny T said:
Had to read that one twice... do people pay good money for second-hand PLC programmers on ebay...

:p

I'd pay a lot more for a second hand programmer than for a virgin one:)