CoDeSys TON Instruction

Adam B

Hi, I am learning CoDeSys and my first attempt is to program a simple or statement to turn on an output using ladder diagram. I have completed that along with an HMI for visualization. I am now just trying to add a timer on delay to my program. I have read the help files and am unable to come to a solution. When I add the TON instruction to my ladder, i get a square box that just says TON. I have also read that the library manager should have this instruction predifined, but i am still unable to find it. I also think that i can create a new data structure and if my syntax is correct the timer instruction will get defined.
Thanks in advance

Wago warez are indeed a pain in the behind :(

There are 2 ways to add a TON or whatever functions in a rung but they both start the same way.

Put your mouse pointer on the rung and rigth-clcik to pop the selection menu.

You will have 2 choices:
  1. Function block (Ctrl-B)
  2. Box with EN
EN stands for ENABLE or ENGAGED or ENAPOPULOUSKY!
TON.jpg
  1. The Help Manager window pops up and you will find the TON function in the "Standard function block library. Just select TON
You will then see a TON function block on the rung. YOU MUST then give it a variable name, This name is writen on a space at the top of the block (see t1) and after this you will see it in the Local Variable window.

2. A AND box with an EN input will be on the rung. Click on this AND markings and rewrite TON in its place. The box will transform into a TON looking thingy. Proceed with naming it like the other function I explained above...

Thanks for the reply. I right clicked the rung and selected fuction block. I then came to the help manager, i selected standard function block. I am not seeing TON. I can also right click on the rung and add TON from the selection menu, but it is just a blank box with ton.

I am now able to see the TON instruction like your picture. I had to go under the resource tab and select library manager. I then had to go to the insert tab and select standard library. It seems i just had to load the standard library into the library manager. This has beat me up all day. Thanks for the help

CoDesys V2.2

Dears

Does anyone have can send me the CoDeSys PLC Software

I need this software badly, and I tried to contact them, but it seems they are Closed for the Christmas