Wonderware Historical Trending

Osias

Hi..
I have dificulties to update the historical trending using wonderware. Any idea how to make it works?
Thank you.
Osias

You may want to add '$HistoricalLogging = 1;' to your application startup script as well. YMMV.

-Trevor

Thanks for reply.
I have to configure the trending including historical tag and the datalog was created (if we saw on the folder). I create the button with script HTUpdateToCurrentTime("Hist_Trend_Test"); the tag is computer clock(system second). If I push the button, nothing to display on the trending. What I want is the historical trending will always display the value to current time (say update time = 1 sec).
Any idea?
Thanks.
Osias

Create a window script, While Showing every 1000Msec and place HTUpdateToCurrentTime("Hist_Trend_Test") in there.

If you are not seeing anything on the trend, make sure you have 'Allow Runtime Changes' checked and while in Runtime make sure that the Chart Range is set to 0 - 100%, for some reason they always default to 0 - 0% for me. Once you have set it to 0 - 100% you can disable the Allow Runtime Changes.

I'm guessing wildswing hit it... To be able to trend historical data, you have to have the data being logged.

In the tag definition, you have to select Log Data. If you don't do that, there's nothing to trend.

That's not even available on $Second. So you can't trend $Second unless you assign it to another Memory Integer.

Thats what I was thinking also that brings up another question. Are you assigning a pen to your trend?

Have you looked at using a real time trend instead of a historical trend?

Last edited:
The directory?

Another problem I commonly have is that the directory its supposed to be historically logging to doesn't exist. If you leave the path at its default, it puts the log files in the application directory, and this will not be an issue. If you, or someone else who worked on the system is like me, and doesn't think thats a good place for the hysterical log, that directory might have been changed. Sometimes that directory gets deleted (OK, so the vast majority of the time i forget to create it, but i blame someone else for deleting it).

I don't have WW in front of me, so this is from memory, but go into the configuration tree (or special -> configure on the file menu) and there should be a dialog for historical logging. If its not there, it might be in the windowviewer setup. There should be something there telling you where its trying to save the log files.

Your log files could also be corrupt somehow. I've had that happen and prevent the trends from working. In that case, you just have to delete the old log files and let it start anew.

-jeff

What version of WW are you using? There is a difference between the older versions and the newer ones regarding data logging.

I believe anything newer than 7.11 requires SQL. ( I can't remember which version is the cut-off from the old flat-file logging.)