Retrofit Ecodrive DKC

kirk_dotson

This may be a little off topic, but im wanting to upgrade the servo drive on a machine we have. What we have is a Ecodrive DKC 1.11. These drives are obsolete and are causing us a fortune to repair. I've already call the manufacture and they reccomended that we use their updated Ecodrive 03 model. I was just wandering if anyone on the forum has already upgraded an old ecodrive and could give me some advice. The options that we use on this drive are Analog Ref In and a Encoder out. Thanks for the help

What you have is more likely a 011.1 drive. It would be replaced by a DKC 11.3, along with the updated firmware (SMT). That part is straight forward. You'll also likely want to change the motor power cable, since the shielding requirements are more stringent with the newer drive. Other than that, the DriveTop saveset in the existing drive should drop into the replacement.

I went to bosch-rexroth website and I seen no documentation for a DKC 11.3. I see the documentation for the DKC 11.1 Any ideal on what the support life for the DKC 11.3 drive are? This machine will still be in use for at least 5 more years, and i dont want to have to do this same job again in a few years.
Edit-
After looking at the type code break down for the ecodrive 03 series I seen that the DKC 11.3 actually is an ecodrive 03... dumb rookie error on my part. So will I still be able to use my current drivetop software or will we have to upgrade, if so to what version?

Last edited: