siemens program using ethernet module

AJMUL

I have a siemens cpu(Cpu315-2DP),ethernet module (cp343-1) with direct RJ 45 cable.
My question is using this can I download the PLC program to CPU?
If it is possible then how can i download?
plz explain................

The very first time you connect to the PLC will have to be over MPI or Profibus, so you can download the hardware config first.

If it's an excisting setup, then you can set the PG/PC interface, under the Options menu in SIMATIC Manager. Now choose the correct Ethernet interface. Now you should be able to communicate to the PLC over the Ethernet bus.

Sparkz said:
The very first time you connect to the PLC will have to be over MPI or Profibus, so you can download the hardware config first.
No, this is a myth. The very first time you download the HW config via a CP343-1 you have to specify the MAC address of the CP343-1, and then rack 0 and slot 2 for the CPU. Thats it.

quote from that Siemens FAQ:

"PC with LAN connection, ISO protocol must be installed (the S7ONLINE access point must be assigned to this)."
Strangely, I have succesfully setup factory fresh CP343-1 as well as CPUs with onboard PN interfaces, with S7ONLINE set to TCP/IP - not ISO.
Dont know why, but as I didnt know I had to set it to ISO, I set it to TCP/IP and it worked in all cases.

edit: I may have been a little quick in saying that you dont need to go online via MPI. It requires a reasonably recent version of STEP7 and a reasonable recent version of the CP343-1. I just assumed this, as you probably are talking about a new project.

Last edited: