how to prevent cpu from stopping

Amr Hassan

hello

i am using a profibus dp network on a siemens cpu

i do not want the cpu to stop if one of the slaves is absent

i downloaded ob 82,86 now the cpu stops only when i call the part of the program with piw , pqw

i tried to isolate the problem using fc 125 and let this part read only this node is present , but it did not work
(it works after restarting the cpu)

what else can i do ?

Last edited:
Without seeing your diagnostic buffer, I'd guess I/O access error, try either adding OB122 or masking out the error with SFC36

In this and similar cases: is it only needed appropriate OBs to be downloaded? I mean, do you need just to pick up OB (eg 82) and download it to PLC or the OB must be modified first? How you did it Amr?

Pandiani said:
do you need just to pick up OB (eg 82) and download it to PLC

That is correct, there is no need to have any code in the OB, this just masks faults though, it is not good practice to do this. IMHO.

Paul