Dpv1

MURDERER

Hello...

What are the differences between DPV1 and s7 communication ?
Is DPV1 just for s7-400 family.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi,

When the PROFIBUS standard EN50170 was revised to include expanded communication functionality for PROFIBUS DP devices, the function expansions were known as DPV1 expansions.

If you want to know more details I can recommend the book:

Decentralization with PROFIBUS DP/DPV1
Weigmann & Kilian (published by Siemens)
ISBN 3-89578-218-1

Here is a scanned excerpt from it summarizing the interrupt and acyclic data traffic capabilities of DP standard, S7-DP & DPV1 slaves.

Similar Topics

Hello guys! When configuring a DP/DP-coupler there where a setting for using either DPV0 or DPV1. I couldnt find this information when looking...
Replies
Views
Hello! We have the module 1794APBDPV1. We want to use him with the Siemens S7-400 controller on the Profibus network. At the moment from the...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have any experiance at setting up a SST card or Logix500 to use DPV1 (Profibus)? If the answers no, you probably want to skip over...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have any experience connecting a TI545 to AB 1794-APBDPV1 Flex I/O Profibus interface? I am getting communication errors when I try to...
Replies
Views
HI I am new to the forum and have a burning question related to the project I am working on. Can anyone inform me how to carry out an acyclic...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom