SLC500 Firmware Upgrade

RSL

I need to get the latest firmware for a new SLC505 Rev C processor.

I have done a lot of ControlLogix firmware upgrades, but never on the SLC platform. I had some trouble finding the actual download on the website. I found the release notes etc.

Does anyone have a link to the correct webpage for the download??

I am pretty sure this is flash upgradeable??

RSL

RSL said:
I need to get the latest firmware for a new SLC505 Rev C processor.

I have done a lot of ControlLogix firmware upgrades, but never on the SLC platform. I had some trouble finding the actual download on the website. I found the release notes etc.

Does anyone have a link to the correct webpage for the download??

I am pretty sure this is flash upgradeable??

RSL

Maybe Ken can confirm this, but I did not know the SLC 5/05 firmware could be upgraded

http://support.rockwellautomation.com/ControlFlash/

thats the only link to firmware updates, all Clgx related

http://www.ab.com/networks/eds.html

You can download EDS files for the Slc 5/05 for Ethernet I/P

Last edited:
Yes, the SLC-5/05 firmware is flash upgradeable, using the same ControlFlash utility as other devices. Because it's an SLC, ControlFlash walks you through the steps of moving the OS protect jumper and cycling power and so forth. I usually move the controller to a demo chassis and a dedicated Ethernet network so there's no question about communications remaining steady.

SLC and PLC firmware are sold as individual chargeable part numbers, in contrast to Logix firmware that's part of the Automation Support contract.

For all the SLC processors:

SLC 5/03: 1747-OS302

SLC 5/04: 1747-OS401

SLC 5/05: 1747-DU501

If you have encountered a bug, you can often get the firmware at no charge. The SLC-5/03 and /04 use an EEPROM "plug" that can upgrade an unlimited number of controllers, and of course the 5/05 firmware can be loaded to any number of controllers.

Curly, Those are all the places I regularly get files from. Like you I did not see anything but eds for SLC's.

Ken, thanks for the information. I know how to get the firmware files now.

After reviewing the release notes on FRN10, I don't see anything added or fixed that I need for this project. If it was free I would do it, but I think I will just use it the way it is.

Thank you both.

RSL