Time Dependant Setpoints

jedft

We have a Twido/Magelis application where we need to have the option of setting blocks of time where a system setpoint(system output pressure in this case)is different than the normal setpoint.

On the HMI we have a button where you can turn this option on/off and select up to 3 sets of start and stop times with a different pressure for each block of time. This works all fine and dandy if the operator doesn't try to put a start/stop time that is already used in another time block. So we are trying to find the best way to prevent that, without much luck. Has anyone done this before? I have hit so many dead ends at this point it would take all afternoon to tell what we HAVE tried, and none of it worked anyway. We pretty much end up doing a bunch of compares and locking the whole process up to where you can't change anything without getting a popup (that is how we are alerting the operator that their time is not valid/already in use). My suggestion was if the operator wants to make a change, they have to reset the whole thing and start from 0's, but nobody liked that. My other suggestion was to leave it as is and put a note on the HMI to the effect "If you screw this up, it ain't gonna work." Nobody liked that either. Any ideas?

Last edited: