S7 project with masterdrives

frankw

The project was biult with step7 v5.2sp1 and simotion, Cpu414 is the DP master, ET200m and masterdrives is the slave, why i can not find masterdrive node in the HW Config ? thanks.

This project may be using the DriveES profiles. If it does and you do not have DriveES installed- this would be the reason you dont see the drives the the HW config. I dont recall 5.2 sp1 but in the new Step7 versions a message pops up warning you about missing software components.

Thanks for your reply.
The DriveES v5.2 installed,the missing software component is S7_Charts only,i dont known what is it, maybe CFC or DriveES Graphic ?

Are there other reason for this problem?

Hello;

Just some info on S7-Charts, in case any aree wondering:

http://www.awc-corp.com/Products/Siemens/Siemens_S7_Charts.html

This Step 7 add-on was developped by Siemens USA (sea.siemens.com)in the early 2000s. It allows flowchart programming, something I also worked with with a product called Think'n Do, around the same time. I don't think it realy caught on. The idea was sound, though, since many use flowcharts to design their program blocks; it simply took the practice one step further.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

I'll be very surprised if Frank's project has S7 Charts in it.
I heard S7 Charts was designed for GM, I sat in a seminar on it and never saw the software again. It's too close to S7 graph anyway.

I cant find any info. about the S7-charts at siemens support web site.

I think it is replaced by S7-CFC or others. it's right or not?

Just some info on S7-Charts, in case any aree wondering:

That was interesting, reminds me of the Cyrano programming language I used with Opto-22 in the early '90s - I really liked it. It's a pity if the product has died, S7Graph and CFC, while OK, are not the same.