Copy of MMC with s7imgrd1 and s7imgrw1 - it doesn't work ;-(

przemula

Hello

I wanted to copy a program. I'm using a MMC slot in my laptop Fujitsu-Siemens. Both MMC Cards are from Siemens orginal.
I'm using s7imgrd1 &s7imgrw1.

Dates from the new MMC:
\Device\Harddisk1\DP(1)0-0+1b
\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1
Cylinders = 1
Tracks per cylinder = 255
Sectors per track = 63
Bytes per sector = 512
Disk size = 16450560 (Bytes) = 16065 (Kb)
Media typ is RemovableMedia

Dates from the MMC with program:
\Device\Harddisk1\DP(1)0-0+1f
\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1
Cylinders = 1
Tracks per cylinder = 255
Sectors per track = 63
Bytes per sector = 512
Disk size = 16450560 (Bytes) = 16065 (Kb)
Media typ is RemovableMedia

As you see they are similar.
The problem is: when i want to write the image on teh new mmc at the end of proces I recive a notification:
Error of the MMC I/O device.

One thing that I was able to see was, that the count of blocks doesn't match.

I thing that MMC slot works corretly because by writting the image of this new card on this new carde I recive no errors.

Can anybody help me?

I have absolutely no idea how these programs work, but I can imagine that they require some low-level access to system functions to allow read/write directly to the card.
And as the author is just one man tinkering with it in his spare time, he cannot have tested it on all possible combinations of software and hardware. It is thus possible that it works on one PC and then not on another.

Try on another PC.
Or try to contact the author.