RSlogix5

panagiotis

hello! I am trying to use RSlogix 5 in a second PC, but my company has only one licence!! Is there a crack for the program ??

many thanks from Greece!!

Arrr Matey, you won't be findin' no Pirates 'round these parts.......

At least none proudly waving the Skull & Crossbones anyway....

Hey Phil, is that a flag you can have above your Avatar?

You can move the activation key from one PC to another, using map(ed) drives, but you cant duplicate the key ...... not for free :)

P.D.
Kind of ethical dilema....

I think that you can move the activation off the disk for one computer and use the disk itself as the activation on the second computer.

I think what MRDEGOLD say is correct,actually you can use the activation file that has move to one PC and use disk it self to another PC, but...be carefull, because if the original disk damage, you can never move or take out this activation file from your computer (you can't move to a non master removable disk).

Deer

And, of course, there's always the Unthinkable: actually comply with the terms of the license you signed and buy another license for your additional user.

Just a thought.

Pana... as you can tell this site doesnt offer cracks for software. The use of the term "crack" was not a good choice. There are legitimate ways to use RSLogix on different PC's but your approach was not proper for this forum, a little investigation on into this site would have provided the information but I doubt you will obtain what you want on this thread.

Just food for thought......

When I took business in college, we learned in economics how supply and demand work hand in hand. You can create greater per unit demand if you reduce supply, and you can also reduce the per unit value by oversupplying the masses.

The point is, I really think Rockwell would help themselves sell hardware if they reduced (or eliminated) the insane price of the software and interface devices. In reality, Rockwell encourages piracy of thier own product by pricing the software and educational resources way beyond the reach of the average user. I think the masses are satisfying themselves, since no software anti-piracy scheme is "foolproof". They can't stop it. I don't care if your as angry as a record company executive, NAPSTER still exists in many forms today. You can't "copy" the Hardware, so focus on selling more of that.

Just telling it like it is.

panagiotis said:
hello! I am trying to use RSlogix 5 in a second PC, but my company has only one licence!! Is there a crack for the program ??

many thanks from Greece!!

Try to use program DISKDUPE.EXE!

Vetteboy said:
In reality, Rockwell encourages piracy of thier own product by pricing the software and educational resources way beyond the reach of the average user.

There's me thinking that the 'average' user is the companies that employ the likes of you and me!

Sorry, Vetteboy but however you try to paint it theft is theft, whether it be pirating a £1000 bit of software or robbing a bank, it is still stealing and something which I do not condone!

That's my oppinion anyway

Paul

Ken and PLucas

I do not disagree with you about the merits of intellectual property rights and software licensing. Why is the mere observance and reporting of reality a reason to throw me in the klink. Did I say I agreed with it? If you witness a bank robbery, are you guilty of the crime?

Rockwell can charge $1,000,000 per copy for all I care.

I'm just trying to wake them up to reality. You will see in another thread lately everyone is raving about Automation Direct. Do you know why? It works, and it's affordable. I don't care if Allen Bradley is 10 times better, AD will WIN in the long run if both companies stay thier course...........

PS - The average USER is the programmer, not the company that owns the rights to use the software. Rockwell is so protective of the courses they teach that they drive away the unintiated user by letting them learn other systems. Again, a fact I am reporting, not an opinion. But then again, no one likes the bearer of bad news....

If you have the keydisc on 3.5 floppy. I have heard that you can take a copy of it (using an image copy) which writes the copy complete with format on to another floppy.

But I would never do that. If its work go back to the supplier and pay for another license!