Help!!!!!!

Marie1982

Hi!

I'm trying to communicated with a Micrologix 1100 and my computer via a USB to serial adaptator. My RSLinx is Gateway 2.5 and my RSLogix is 7.10.

I can do this on any other computer but not on mine. When I do the go online command, I get online but after few seconds, the communication fails

Anyone has an idea???

Thanks

Marie

Marie1982 said:
Hi!

I can do this on any other computer but not on mine. When I do the go online command, I get online but after few seconds, the communication fails

Marie

When you try from other computers are you using the same usb to serial converter ? Are the other computers using the same version of rslinx ?

On other computers, I use exactly the same configuration (usb to serial) and also the same softwares (same version)

In RSLinx, when the communication fails I stop seeing the PLC but I can do the Autoconfigure Driver and the do the whole process again but the communication fails again...

Marie

Marie-

Are you communicating via ethernet or serial port?

Through the serial port I haven't had any problems.

However, there are some known issues w/ RSLinx and the ethernet port. I have a bulletin on changing the CIP settings in RSLinx. I didn't have a problem being kicked off though...It just wouldn't let me do online edits.

I have attached the pdf.

Sorry, a little slow. I see you are not using the ethernet. You may have some baud rate issues on that particular computer. If you can not get it straight I would use the BootP utility to set up an IP on the 1100 and work through the ethernet port... much faster online response as well as upload/download.

Is this the only driver you have configured in RSLinx.
Or some other software trying to use the port.

I updated my RSLogix 500 and RSLinx to the most recent versions and it seems to have corrected the problem... I don't understand because it was working on other computers with the same older versions but anyways... it works now...

Thanks for the help all

Marie

Maybe I thought I was successful too quickly... I still have the communication error...

To answer some of the previous questions, I have disabled all the other drivers in RSLinx. I don't think anything else is trying to use the port.

Something I saw today is that I have like 50 timouts in less than a minute... Anyone has an idea?

Thanks again!

Marie

My two cents worth

Could it be that your PC has either faulty USB ports or some driver issues between the OS and usb ports. Do you have any other software that you can run that will confirm that your usb ports are finctioning correctly ?

When I do a AutoConfig of my DF1 driver, I get the communication online again, but only for a minute or so...It seems that RSLinx or RSLogix does not see the PLC constantly...

I cannot post my .rss file because of confidential restrictions.

I think I found my problem by reading another thread: my laptop is a dual core, and it seems that usb to serial converters do not work properly for DF1 communication...

Anyone can confirm that?