Help!!!!!!

This can also be a power management issue on the PC. Go into the windows Device Manager (right-click on My Computer from the desktop and select Manage then Device Manager is one way to get there) and go down to your your USB root hubs and open the properties window.

Click on the Power Management tab and uncheck the option to allow the computer to power down the device.

Do this for each USB root hub in your device manager. I would probably reboot after doing this even though Windows probably won't make you.

If that doesn't work. Delete the USB root hub devices (all of them). Then reboot. Windows will re-discover these devices and put them all back to their default settings.

OG

The usb to serial converter that I was using is a Manhattan. I changed for a Belkin and now everything seems to be ok...

I will confirm that it still works in few days

Operaghost said:
This can also be a power management issue on the PC. Go into the windows Device Manager (right-click on My Computer from the desktop and select Manage then Device Manager is one way to get there) and go down to your your USB root hubs and open the properties window.

Click on the Power Management tab and uncheck the option to allow the computer to power down the device.

Do this for each USB root hub in your device manager. I would probably reboot after doing this even though Windows probably won't make you.

If that doesn't work. Delete the USB root hub devices (all of them). Then reboot. Windows will re-discover these devices and put them all back to their default settings.

OG

Quoted for emphaisis.

On lap tops this is an important thing to do when using USB adatpors to communicate with PLCs

I've been testing my program for 4 hours now and no loss of communication.

Before I had loss of communication every minute or so.

I guess the problem was a combination of wrong usb-to-serial converter and dual core laptop.

The only thing I did is to change to a Belkin converter.

Thanks for the help

Marie

Marie1982 said:
I've been testing my program for 4 hours now and no loss of communication.

Before I had loss of communication every minute or so.

I guess the problem was a combination of wrong usb-to-serial converter and dual core laptop.

The only thing I did is to change to a Belkin converter.

Thanks for the help

Marie

I am running a Dual Core spefically a Fujitsi Lifebook S6311. Its a Intel CoreDuo 2 T7200 and I use a Belkin USB. Never had any problems, When I first bought my USB converter I was told that only certain converters would work with Rockwell software. maybe the problem is more the converter than the Dula Core laptop