windows vista

That's what I heard but I was told that the problem is with win cc.Something to do with the new internet explorer.

A buddy bought a new computer with the Vista operating system. He tried loading all his old favorite programs. Only a few of them would run. None of his old DOS programs would work. He now is trying to remove Vista and load Windows on the computer

My compnay is a Microsoft partner and I was evaluating Vista for use with automation software. I think in most cases the manufacturers will have to bring out updates to be compatible with Vista. As Godfrey says in the previous post I think I will also wait until SP2 for Vista at least.

I also advised a colleague to wait until at least the first service pack was available, but he tought he knew better and updated from Windows XP against my advise. The next morning he informed me Vista was working like a charm, but he had no internet connection no longer, and although his disk showed to be as full as before, Vista didn't find any program already on his computer.

Kind regards,

Sadly so many computers today are only shipping with Vista it is really going to screw up a lot of people.

I know I have done an upgrade and found that previously installed software would not work in Vista. I have also done clean installs and found software that just flat out refused to install.

We are going to need to see software designed for Vista compatibility. I just think it's probably going to be a rough three months or so as everyone rolls out their updates.

Thanks goodness for VMWare! The new 6.0 beta supports a Vista Host. It's buggy still but it works.

OG

Thanks for al the help! It seems like my fears are confirmed.It seems like about every 3 years we have to fight through something like this.