how to connect a pc to SLC500

wrhlamda

I have a system of CLS5/03 connected to panelview I'd like to
connect a pc to that system in order to save the system program
and transfer it to othe similer system .I need all the steps to do that with detales ...thanks in advance

IF your SLC5/03 serial port is configured for DF1 protocol then the following will work for you.

I need more

thanks for that good information

but....

*thats for connection ...what about downloading and uploading the

program

*I need a link to download rslinx cose there are so many names and ver. and i dont know whish one will be usfule for me.

sooooooooooo fast ....great thanks

I'll download it and it will take a time
till then i'd like to describe my proplem so if u could help me
i have slc 5/03 connected to a panal view CAT. 2711-K14C9
using rs232 the panal view show this error

612 NO ACTIVE NODE FOUND ON NETWORK

and the slc leds

All leds off +DH-485 FLASHING +FLT FLSHING

changing the switchkey from PROG to RUN do not release the error
so ..... what do u think

Last edited:
Your PV is has a RS232 port with DH485 protocol. If you are connecting to the SLC5/03 serial port it must be configured for DH485 protocol ( is it).
What cable are you using to connect your SLC and PV.
Node addresses must be different, baud rate the same.
It would help us if you could post your SLC's .RSS file and the PV's .PVA or .PBA file. Zip them and post if you can.

the cable used to connect the p.v. to the slc is pin to pin cable
what r these files and how to geat them .....
im not connected a pc. to the SLC till now
the P.V. comm seting is
DH-458
max node 31
node 2
buad 1900

Last edited:
Sounds like you dont have the offline files.
The .RSS file is your SLC's project file
The PVA or PVB file is your PV's project file.

I dont have the files
im not the desginer of this system . Im to repair it
the desgine is for a company rom india and it will not came to iraq to repair it
the system proplem is that
when power up
the p.v show this message 612 NO ACTIVE NODE FOUND ON NETWORK
and stop on that
the SLC have all the led off but the FLT led and the DH-485 flashing
when using the switch key to clear the errer by chinginr the SLC mode from PRG. to RUN thr RUN led on for a moment then off againe
and bake to the errer statuse

Last edited:
How is the PV coneccted to the SLC ( which channel is it connected to )
See picture:

SLC503.jpg

Once we know this we can help you set up communications so you can upload the SLC's program.

chanal 0 is used

with D type 9 pin cable .the cable pin connection is

1------1
2------2
3------3
4------4
5------5
6 nc 6
7------7
8------8
9------9

To connect to your SLC5/03 from your PC you will need a null modem cable.
If your SLC5/03 channel zero is configured for DH485 you need to use the
1747-PIC/AIC+ driver with RSLinx( delete all other drivers). You will need a real serial port to use this driver.(or a 1747-UIC, USB to DH485 converter). Node addresses have to be different
for RSLinx and your SLC. Baud rate the same. You might have to play with these setting. If your SLC channel is configured for DF1 then refer to post #2 above. Again only one driver configued in RSLinx.

To connect to your PC to PV use the second port on the PV (RS232/printer)
if it is not used for a printer then it should be DF1 protocol for programming the PV.( use straight thru cable for PV conection from PC) Use post #2 setup for RSLinx and autoconfigure to connect to your PV. You can then upload the PV project.( with PanelBulider32) Once the PV project is uploaded you can then open it and look at its comm port settings. This may help you connect to your SLC.
Hope this helps

Morning,
In one of your previous replies, you've said that all the led's on the processor are off but the fault led is flashing. If this is the case, it sounds like the program has been lost from the processor.
If you don't have the offline files or a backup, then you will not be able to load the program back in, :unsure: Is there another m/c with the same program that you could use?. If not, you may need to contact the original designer and get a copy of the program. Some companies might send a copy, some won't!

I've recently had exactly the same happen at work, pv showning the same error message and slc 5/03 fault led flashing, and it turned out the program was lost. After uploading the offline program back into the processor and clearing the major fault, m/c started running again.

Best of luck.

Bolty.

Last edited: