Help on GX developer programme

Bobtheclock

Dear all

I have a big problem, I am from the UK but am in Kyoto installing a feature clock we have recently made. The Automota are controlled by a Mitsubishi plc and the programme is on GX Developer fx.

I have been here for 4 days and have downloaded 11 different programmes from my man, all with errors and have sort of lost faith in his ability to cure the problem.

Qu : Does anyone know anyone in Japan (Kyoto ideally) who can speak english (I have an interpreter with me) and can help with de-bugging my programme on site, or is there some sort of service where I can e.mail the programme with an explaination of what its trying to do and the faults I am experiencing for de-bugging ?.
I can work any hour of the day - have to have it working by Thursday (grand opening) and I just want to go home.

The plc controls 5 motors and has 6 sensors, the actual time keeping is controlled seperatly via GPS.

Thanks in anticipation

Bob

According to the manual its a MELSC -F FX2n Series -

Well the theme is Buckingham palace and changing of the guard - about 2.5M square with moving soldiers and a really neat moonphase dial. No pictures here yet.

Was supposed to have been a bit of fun.

Its late here and have now recieved iss 13 to try tomorrow , when monitoring the programme in gx developer is there any way of capturing/saving the data so it can be e.mailed to my man ?.

Bob

Bobtheclock said:
According to the manual its a MELSC -F FX2n Series -

Well the theme is Buckingham palace and changing of the guard - about 2.5M square with moving soldiers and a really neat moonphase dial. No pictures here yet.

Was supposed to have been a bit of fun.

Its late here and have now recieved iss 13 to try tomorrow , when monitoring the programme in gx developer is there any way of capturing/saving the data so it can be e.mailed to my man ?.

Bob

http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter.htm

that is a link to a screen capture program

Ian

If you get it changed here or advised how to change it - the fee will be zero.

You have nothing to lose by attaching it and saying what you would really like it to do.

Lots of mitsi people here.

Morning from Japan

Have a new file which am going on to site this morning to try, have downloaded the screenhunter - many thanks for that Ian and will screen capture the monitor info.

Goody, do I post it - to you via your website or onto this forum ?

Cheers

Bob

Hello Bob,

Post it on this site...we will look at your code and tell you what is wrong with it (maybe) or help you find out what is wrong with it...for free no charge, as Goody said, there are many people on this site that will help :D

Another question on gx developer - I am using com 6 on laptop, and have to configure default port each time for up-loading and for monitoring. I used the online transfer setup for the up-load and guessed at the tools/ transfer ROM - change to comm 6 then execute. It throws a wobbler but seems to work. Where do i change the defaults for gx ?

Breakfast time

Bob

I thought when you saved the program it would save your settings?

Do you have a copy of your program?
Dinner time...

Bob,

Do you have the comments? they are not opening in the zip...it may be just me, it would help to view the code

Hi everybody

Am back - knew it was a mistake to think Iss 13 would work.

doh - yes saving the file worked with COMM port setting

Regarding Comments, you'r going to have to explain, is this something that a programmer would use to identify whats happening in the different parts of the program ?

I am starting to understand a little bit about the gx -developer language, but I am basically a mechanical engineer, so a lot of what I see in the program is gobbly-gook. But now have some time on my hands till the uk wakes up. So was going to try and educate myself a bit more and maybe I could add some comments - any suggestions as to where to start ?.
I can also tell you what the results are and I have taken screen dumps of the monitored program - basically when I switch on the hour dial indexes continuously and I can't set the clock, but have had every possible problem from Iss 1 - Iss 13.

The alternative is to try and pursuade my man to log onto this forum and get some help - he wired the box of tricks and has written the program do you think he needs it ?

Many thanks for the help so far

Bob

Bob

For the comments it allows you to give a description of what each address does. Your program for example uses the following Inputs.
X0, X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X7, X10, X11, X12, X13, X14, X15, X16, X17. Are these pushbuttons, limit switches, proximity switches, ect? same for the outputs Y0, Y1, Y2, Y3, Y4, Y5, Y10, Y11, & Y14. Lamps, solenoid valves, motor starters, ect?
You can add these by clicking VIEW, make sure PROJECT DATA LIST has a check mark beside it. In the project data list click on DEVICE COMMENT, then COMMENT. After entering the comments go back to main program file. Click on VIEW again and click comment. This will allow the comments to show on ladder.

Bob