AB 5/04 address list

rowens

I have the slc 500 addressing reference manual.The information I am loking for does not appear to be in it. I also have the SLC 500 instruction set reference manual. I may be overlooking the information.I am not a total beginner but my experience is rather limited compared to most of those who use this forum.

I am looking for the specific addresses such as first scan, always on and things such as that. Do you know where I can find this list.

I have tried to use the help in the rslogix500 software but I must be using the wrong key words or the information is not there.

First Scan - I would think you want the first pass S:1/15
I have never heard of an always on bit but thats not saying much coming from me. You may have to create that one.

The first pass is in there but again I have never heard of the always on bit so I can't say.

Hope this helps,
Bob

If you want an always on then just reserve a bit somewhere, set it, and name it ALWAYS_ON. If you want to programatically guarantee that it is on then program an unconditional set as the first rung of the program. Same with ALWAYS_FALSE. In the PLC/5 and CLX family of processors there are the AFI instructions for alwalys false. Personally, I don't see much use for always on and always false bits except when debugging - where I just pick some unused addresses and set them to the needed state.

For other usefull bits such as first scan, math overflow, free running clocks, math registers, time of day, etc, refer to the status file section of your manuals.

I found it in the appendix B section of the SLC 500 instruction set manual.
This forum is a life saver.
I have looked at the manuals untill they put me to sleep and overlooking the obvious.

thanks again
icon11.gif