Logix 5000 Flags Lost

pjanthony

Does anyone know if there is a way, in AB Logix 5000, to save the "flags" that are in use on a ladder logic project when the software is closed or crashes?

What flags are you talking about?
All memory (except I/O) in a Logix CPU is retentive.
If you are just talking about using Logix5K offline, set memory values however you want, and save the project.

Do you mean Bookmarks? (The small blue flag icons that you can attach to rung numbers)If so the answer is "No".

From the "View" menu select "Toolbars" and check "Language Editor Editing". This will add the toolbox to add, remove, goto next etc.etc.

They can be very useful when you're trying to find your way through someone else's code and I'd love to find a way to save them as part of the application.

I've never used the 'bookmarks', but I **do** often put unique description text in rung comment fields. You can then just use the full-text search to find any particular location in an RSLogix 5K program.

(And, the comments are saved with the file)