MP370 to PC

allan.bell

Hi
Firstly I'm quite new to Siemens and am gradualy getting to grips with it's quirks.
Have got stuck here though.
Have an MP370 HMI connected to a PC via ethernet. What I am trying to do is transfer test data saved in the PLC up to an Excell file on the PC. Having some results using alarm logs but the data is being transfered in a almost random order although when viewed in the logs file just before transfer they are all in order. Some of the tags are internal i.e time/date and some are data in real values. The problem seems to affect mainly values from the PLC.
Is this the right way to do it or is there an alternative?
Regards
Al

Hi Allan.

Do you log the values into one single archive on the panel ?
Or do you log to an archive on a networked drive ?

How do you view the data before transfer ?

If logging to an archive on the panel, then how is the data transfered to the PC ?

You could post an abstract of the logged data.

I know that the byte order in Siemens can be the opposite way to lots of other gear. So your FE9A ends up as 9AFE. So decimal values look random. S7 has an instruction to swap the byte order

I guess that maybe you could have that problem if the values are formatted as WORDs.
Allan specified REALs, and to my experience REAL logvalues gets stored correctly.