Logix 500 and Barcode reading

sonarbell

Ok Guys here goes.

My Program is currently reading a thru a serial port a 13 Character Barcode. The first 2 characters are stripped because it contains the Character count for that particular scanned barcode.I now need to modify a 15 digit barcode by removing the first 2 characters. Not sure if I am being a muppet and its easy. Can post the prog if someone cares to help.

Regards

James

Thanks Alaric

Tried this today. Wasnt very succesfull. What I really need is to keep the first 2words of data as this tells me the recieved character count. Then I need to remove the next 2 words completely and then shift the remaining data across to occupy the empty space.
Does this help anymore?

James

Still use the AEX instruction.

Use AEX ST10:0 1 2 ST10:2 to move the first two characters to a new string at ST10:2. Then you can use the ACI instruction to convert ST10:2 to a number.

If you received the string "11ABCDEFGHIJK" and you store it in ST10:0, then after you exectute the AEX instruction from my first post you should have
"ABCDEFGHIJK" in ST10:1. If you then use the AEX instruction in this post you will have "12" in ST10:2. Using AIC, you can convert that to the number twelve in N7:XX.

OK, I might have misunderstood you. Are you wanting to remove the characters in postions 3 and 4? Then you will need two extracts and a concantenate.

AEX ST10:0 1 2 ST10:1
AEX ST10:0 5 11 ST10:2
ACN ST10:1 ST10:2 ST10:3

Last edited:
Thanks again Alaric

I think I understand just not sure how to type it all up in Ladder format, will give it a go in the morning.

Mucho thanks

James

Use the mnemonic editor.

AL20070226.GIF

Good luck and let us know what you come up with and how it worked.