Micrologix 1500 LSP Series A Firmware upgrade fail DTL_E_FAIL I/O

zephxiii

Hello, I have a 1764 1500 LSP Series A that keeps failing with DTL_E_FAIL I/O error. Searching around it seems there's a weird issue specifically with series A and latest firmware updates?

I was able to update a 1500 LRP Series C no problem at all on this same system.

I started with firmware update 14, then tried 11.

I saw on another thread that ControlFlash 8.0 fixed the issue for someone but that one I can't find. V12 is currently installed on the machine.

Any ideas?

So I figured out that I had to close RSLinx before attempting to flash the 1500 LSP Series A CPU otherwise it would fail every time. Once it was closed and I tried to flash it worked perfectly.

This was not an issue when I updated firmware on another 1500 LRP that already had Series C on it. I guess this is specific to Series A.

Problem solved.