Comm Settings for Micrologix 1500 LSP

Ratt

I apologize for this post as it may be a simple oversight on my part. I have 2 AB Micrologix 1500 LSP PLC's and 1 Micrologix 1510 LRP.

I'm using RSLINX and RSLogix 500.

The cable is a 1761-CBL-PM02 Ser. B

I can connect to the 1510 unit without a problem by just using the auto config for the RS-232 DF1 Driver. However I cannot connect to either of the 1500 LSP devices. I've tried manually configuring the driver with no luck and am running out of time.

It's been a lot of years since I worked on these units and I apoligize if this is too simple a question but right now I just need to get this going so I can transfer some programs.

Thank you all for your help!

The port on your ML1500 LSP can be configured for DF1 , DH485, Modbus (master/Slave), ASCII protocol or shut-off. If you have the offline file then check
the channel configuration. Is there any device connected to the port? (HMI,SCADA)

The MicroLogix 1100, 1200, 1400, and 1500 all have a "DCOMM" feature that sets the Channel 0 serial port back to DF1 Full Duplex, 19200, 8/N/1.

The button is under the hatch that covers the Run/Prog switch, half-concealed. Press and hold it until the DCOMM LED illuminates and you will be able to configure the DF1 Full Duplex driver.

When you press the button again to switch off DCOMM mode, the controller goes back to whatever protocol the user program is configured to use.

I have an AIC+ device 1761-NET-AIC Ser B that also connects to a Cutler Hammer PanelMate Power Pro.

That still does not tell us what the protocol of your ML1500's
port is set for. The AIC+ can be used with DH485 and DF1.

If the port on your ML1500 is set for DH485 then you will need the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver. Will will need a real serial port to use this driver. If you do then the null-modem cable you have will work. If no real serial port then the 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter is your best bet).

Wow... I had tried that but I must not have tried auto configure and had the settings wrong. Thanks for your help!

Wow... I had tried that but I must not have tried auto configure and had the settings wrong. Thanks for your help!

With the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver there is no autoconfigure bottom to click on.
Baud rate has to match and node addresses have to be different.
Again your offline file will help. Do you have it? Post it here
and someone can help if necessary.

With the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver there is no autoconfigure bottom to click on.
Baud rate has to match and node addresses have to be different.
Again your offline file will help. Do you have it? Post it here
and someone can help if necessary.

Sorry Mickey. I was actually replying to Eddie Willers. I'm new to this so I didnt include the quote I was replying to. My apologies. I think with the information that Eddie supplied me i was able to transfer the programs and clear the faults from the controllers. One seems to be working but the other is still being assembled so I'll have to wait and see how it rolls out.

Thanks again!

Sorry Mickey. I was actually replying to Eddie Willers. I'm new to this so I didnt include the quote I was replying to. My apologies. I think with the information that Eddie supplied me i was able to transfer the programs and clear the faults from the controllers. One seems to be working but the other is still being assembled so I'll have to wait and see how it rolls out.

Thanks again!

That's my mistake, I didn't see his post. Good to hear you got connected.