Ethernet comm problem with PLC when inverter enables.

Hi,

I've implemented some countermeasures, such as grounding the 0VDC and directly connecting everything to ground. One observation I've made is that the Ethernet communication problem arises only when I use an Ethernet switch between the PLC and laptop. When I remove the Ethernet switch, there are no communication issues. I typically use the Ethernet switch to connect the HMI and PLC with the laptop. During machine operation, Ethernet isn't needed as the HMI communicates with the PLC via RS232.

A common issue arises when non-VFD cable is utilized to connect a motor to a VFD. Often, individuals attempt to cut costs without fully comprehending the drawbacks involved.

Similar Topics

Hello, I am setting up a SLC-500 rack and cannot get my Ethernet communication to work. I have set the processor to default. Set up my serial...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am trying to setup an ethernet link between a computer running WinCC Flexible RT (2005) and a CPU317 via CP 343-1. I believe I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a project which utilizes an L-33ER CompactLogix (v32), which will communicate with a RIO rack with a 1769-AENTR card in its Slot...
Replies
Views
Does anyone here on the forums have any experience with Solexy I.S. ethernet isolators? The model we are using is BXF3S010N0018. Issue we're...
Replies
Views
I want to be able to use a 3rd party device to read the IO modules from an SLC505 without the use of the CPU. All the communications modules i...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom