L-33ER Comm Fail Routine to Ethernet Card?

slick_william

Hi all,

I have a project which utilizes an L-33ER CompactLogix (v32), which will communicate with a RIO rack with a 1769-AENTR card in its Slot 0.

The rest of the RIO rack is populated with I/O cards of various types (DI, DO, etc).

I am wondering if there is a way to generate a comm fail alarm if comms should be lost between the CompactLogix and the 1769-AENTR in the RIO rack.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

(y)

Use a GSV instruction on the module. You can retrieve different module status' and generate the alarm or fault conditions you require.

@Slick_william:
I got a subroutine to test almost anything, it generates alarms if something is wrong.
Send me a PM with your email and it´ll be yours.
It works with Compact and Controllogix.
I got it in V20 and V32.