CompactLogix 1769-L33ER Motion Control Axis in fault.

Martindag

Hey guys,

On my system, i got prop valve controling cylinder on the left and right to adjust the center of a lumber before it get in a woodmill. One the picture i linked, you can see the 2nd AxisXY got a physicalAxisFault and FeedbackFault.

These valve work on a 0-10VDC analog output.

The way we found this out, we tried to move it in manual with my mechanic guy and couldnt move it, when i check what is stopping me to do it, i'm missing the AxisXY_LHS_OF.ServoActionStatus condition to make it work in manual.

We use temposonic on these cylinder to read the distance. The mechanic told me they disconnected all the temposonic to make some test and put them back after, i was wondering what i could do or if you guys had any idea what kind of problem this could be.

I'm asking around to see if you one of guys had any idea before i call someone that know this much more than me!

Thanks

AxisFault.jpg

Hard to say without seeing the configuration of the axis. Using motion direct command tool, issue a MAFR....does the fault reset? The program should have a reset routine that issues that and an MSO to enable the axis, but you can at least see if the axis resets. The feedback fault indicates the feedback device didn't respond to a move command. Could be loss of the feedback device, could be the equipment was bound and couldn't move (although that usually generates a position error), or could be you lost the command signal to the equipment.

However I would suspect the tempersonic device. Maybe they hooked it up wrong. Always look at the last thing changed if you suddenly start having problems. When you change a feedback device in relation to an axis, you may need to initialize through a home routine also. Again, hard to say without knowing all details.

Last edited:
You are a genius. I cant figure out how to run motion on this type of PLC.
Anyway, servo fault because of feedback fault, it move a distance, but not receive any feedback, sounds like Temposonic.

You are a genius. I cant figure out how to run motion on this type of PLC.
Anyway, servo fault because of feedback fault, it move a distance, but not receive any feedback, sounds like Temposonic.

Hardly a genius....always learning. Check out Shane Welcher on YouTube. He has an excellent series of videos on Logix motion.

I tried the Axis Reset on the HMI that been added for this purpose, i tried also clear the fault directly by right clicking the motion Axis in Logix 5000 and did panel reboot and none of it work.

I tried the Axis Reset on the HMI that been added for this purpose, i tried also clear the fault directly by right clicking the motion Axis in Logix 5000 and did panel reboot and none of it work.

Go to tools, motion direct, select the axis, and do the MAFR. If it doesn't reset, it will give you the error code in the window at the bottom. You can do a complete reset of the Axis by issuing a MASD, followed by a MASR, followed by a MAFR. The Axis should then be ready.

Last edited:
go down to IO tree to check Temposonics MTS linear position sensor (transducer) if it has Ethernet connection, see if there is yellow triangle with exclamation mark showed up in front of its icon. if so, maybe ethernet cable or power cable bad or the device bad.