22-COMM-E EXPLICIT MSG

waterbottle

Guys need a bit of help getting the instance correct for a 22comme with a PF40P.
Trying to get 2 things

first is the drive current amp draw.
2nd is the drive manufacturing date.

Looking at page 133 of the 22comme pdf i can see that class is 146 and the attribute is 16 but im missing the instance..

Is there any clarification you guys can point me towards on how to have the correct instances.

I think that manual mis-labels some DSI (drive Serial interface, an RS-485 based peripheral network for PowerFlex 4-series) objects as "DPI" object (drive Peripheral interface, a CANbus based peripheral network for PowerFlex 7-series). But if you get the Class right, then Instance is always Parameter Number. You just have to figure out for sure which Attribute is the value you want. DPI, anyhow, can give you either the stored NVRAM value or the value in RAM.

The Date of Manufacture is part of the Class Instance for the DSI Device Object, so you would use Class 0x92, Instance 0, Attribute 0x0F.

The current draw will be a DSI Parameter object instance in Class 0x92, Instance = Parameter Number, Attribute 0x0A.

Output Current is Parameter 3, and Output Power is Parameter 22.

Note that in the MSG instruction entry field, Class and Attribute are in Hexadecimal, but Instance is in Decimal. I don't know why.