Allen Bradley Computer

Assassins

What is this really. Is it a computer and a controller like a micrologix or SLC 500? Or is it just a computer? Just was wondering becasue if I could get this computer to work like our SLC 500 and Microlocixs and also have it hooked to our nextworks so we can get on the internet and e-mail to our invintory..would be great Just asking if someone could help

Thanks

You are going to have to be more specific to get an answer.

There are a variety of models with a variety of features and a varitey of operating systems. Industrial computer only, industrial monitor only, industrial monitor/integrated computer, etc.

Maybe this is a question best taken up with your AB distributor.

Well, yes. They are full, regular, PC's, housed a bit differently, generally running Window's. They aren't PLC's, but can probably be purchased with SoftLogix, and probably some AB Networking options besides Ethernet.

Now. Why, honestly, would you want to spend that much for web browsing and email? You can get a generic box from any office supply store for that. Probably one that comes bundled with at least a low-end office type set of programs. And for much less money.

If you want to use one of those systems for an HMI and/or machine control (SoftLogix soft PLC), I would certainly NOT allow it internet access, external web browsing, inbound email or any user programs besides machine control and interfacing.

Good lord, but "Pinball" is a true PITA to remove. I always have to Google "Remove Pinball Windows" to remember how.

Singapore_Mats said:
yes, NEVER allow email etc. on a industrial computer, I always remove all games, messenger and other stuff...