Function Block

Annie

Hi,
I have created a FB in my program.Had declared an i/p for eg i/p1 in the declaring section.I have called this FB twice in a function using different DB(DB1 & DB2). I have used different i/p addresses(eg I0.0 and I0.1) for this i/p in the function while calling this FB.
I noticed that if I0.0 is switched on in DB1.It shows i/p1 on even in the FB of DB2.
Can someone post me an eg of defining a FB and also calling the FB twice in a function.
Can we define fixed timers in a FB and give its preset value as a variable to change it depending on the FB call?

Regards
Annie

Are you looking at the status of DB2 directly, or are you looking at the status of the FB?

The FB will be inconsistant unless you tell the editor that you want to status the FB only whilst DB2 is the instance DB.

Where are you calling the DB i.e

C DB1
JU FB1
dec = d0.0
C DB2
JU FB1
Dec = D 0.1
or are you calling the DB within the function block?
JU FB1
DB= DB1
Dec = D0.0
JU FB1
DB = DB2
etc.
and in the FB
DO= DB
== Dec
sorry my S5 is a bit rusty but I think you get the idea.