PV + assistance

kbradray

I have been reading around this site, but I have not found all the answers to my questions. I am currently running a PV+ 1500 on Ethernet. I have managed to find the information about all the EDS and can see in on my Linx Pro. I have View Studio-ME. I have View 32 experience, but I am struggling with ME.

• How do I load the original project from an external drive? When I open the View program it gives me a choice of New/Existing tabs. As this program has never been opened on my laptop it is not in the Existing folder. (I have a .apa extension and in another folder I have a .med extension.)

• Can I upload and merge the program in the panelview with the one housed on the external drive?

• Do I need Linx Enterprise?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

MED is machine edition development. This is the program you edit etc then you convert it to an MER which is the machine edition runtime. The MER is what is downloaded to the PV+.
An apa is a backup file. You can use the restore function to convert the apa to a med. Conversely you can use the backup function to convert a med to an apa.
You will need to transfer the project from the external drive as an apa and then restore it on your machine.
You will need Linx enterprise but it comes with RSView studio for ME which I presume you have as you will require this.
Regards Alan Case

Thanks Alan

I am now insalling Linx Enterprise. Thanks for your reply.

I suppose I use the transfer function under tools to upload and download. Is this correct.

That is correct. Take a bit of time to read what the options do, especially the "replace comms" option.
If the comms is working then there is no need to repalce that config with something that may not work.
Regards Alan