Setting the system clock - S7

Johnny T

Hi,

Just to continue my barrage of questions that this week has thrown at me.. does anyone know how to set the system clock in an S7 300 series PLC.

I tried the Library Function (FC 103 ?? Set system clock) but in the help file it asks that the date and time be passed as a DT type in the format DT#2007-03-15-11:50:00

I've tried this but it won't let me enter it. It just comes up in red.

Any other ways in which to set the clock? And does the clock automatically adjust for British Summertime?

Thanks for any help you can give me

Cheers

JT ;-)

PLC >> Diagnostic Setting >> Set Time of Day will let you set the system clock.

Don't know about summertime. There's this from the STEP 7 Help files:

Summer/Winter Time

You can also set Summer or Winter Time when you set up the TOD and the date. When switching from summer time to winter time, for example, per user program only the time difference to the Module Time is taken into account. You can effect this change-over with a block made available to you via the Internet.

Johnny

Are you trying to set the clock from a PC using the PC's time as the data source (in which case Tim2 is correct) or from within your program using another data source to tell the CPU what time it is (in which case Peter is correct with SCF1)?

And there is no automatic daylight saving in the CPU. Not all countries observe that convention and how would the CPU know where in the world it is? It has to be part of your program I'm afraid.

Ken

I tried SFC 0 and SFC 1 and couldn't get that to work...

I'll use tim2's method for now and see how it goes. I realise that not everyone has British Summertime. I'll probably dig out Hans Berger and make something so that they can set the time from the touchscreen.

Cheers for the info

JT ;-)

After much messing about I realised what the problem was....

I had to stop the 'runtime' on the HMI and set the clock within Windows CE on the touchscreen... :oops:

The PLC clock was fine all along...

Still got there in the end and thats the main thing...

Thanks for all the help

JT ;-)

hi....can i ask something?if you set time through PLC >> Diagnostic Setting >> Set Time of Day it automatically changes from summer to winter? also i have change manually the windows system clock but it didnt change on plc also.......

No, the PLC time does not change by itself. Unless you programm it that way. There is an example on the Siemens site.

You also could use the time synchronisation via win-cc. Then the PC sents the time to the plc and there you are. Of course the time on the PC should switch over...