Are you in the PM Club?

Are you in the "PM CLUB" ?

• No, been luck so far!

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Yes, I have received at least one request.

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • Yes, Senior Member, I've had a lot!!!

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters

CaseyK

In the cornfields, on the prarie, outside Chi-Town
Many of us feel that we have reached real "STATUS" when we are inducted into the "PM CLUB".

For those newer members who do not know what it is, the "PM CLUB" honor is bestowed upon you when someone sends you their question directly, rather then "POSTING" a thread to get the answer.

So, does it count if the PM reads

"you piece of **** I hate you, you and your PLC can go to hell"

just wondering???

if not I guess I need to keep trying...

I think that I would have to deny that one.

However:

I give it 9.2 on originality.
I give it 9.5 on compassion.
I give it a 10.0 on the rectum-ality.

Overal, a very respectble 9.57!

But it didn't end in a question mark, though it could have been posted as a soon to be deleted thread!

Hang in there, your time will come.

Probably very soon now!!!

I gave someone some advice on here one time, then they PM'd me for more detail. I answered the question and told them to contact their local rep for the product for more detail on how it works. Then kept PM'ing me about anything and everything about their job. I was thinking, "Where is your boss to answer this stuff?", they were wanting me to design the whole job for them. I told them it was a conflict of interest for me to design something for someone that works for another company and quit returning emails, and it made me a little skittish to answer PM's after that. I don't mind a quick reply to a post every now and then, but I'm way too busy to be teaching programming or controls over the internet!

I PM other members at times with specific questions when the details are a bit commercially confident.
Regards Alan Case

I get a PM about once every two months, but I think the main reason people send me PMs is because it states in my signature I'm a PLC and SCADA trainer. I usually answer by telling them to post their questions on the forum and that's it.

Kind regards,

jtn said:
I gave someone some advice on here one time, then they PM'd me for more detail. I answered the question and told them to contact their local rep for the product for more detail on how it works. Then kept PM'ing me about anything and everything about their job. I was thinking, "Where is your boss to answer this stuff?", they were wanting me to design the whole job for them. I told them it was a conflict of interest for me to design something for someone that works for another company and quit returning emails, and it made me a little skittish to answer PM's after that. I don't mind a quick reply to a post every now and then, but I'm way too busy to be teaching programming or controls over the internet!

Oooooooohhhhh a Stalker! Just like Modanna! :)

Nick

I get PMed all the time.

Rarely by students and then I rarely answer unless the question is good or about one of my favorite topics. Even then I try to steer the question to the forum.

I sure you guys can imagine that I get PMs from people asking clarification on some advanced control or motion stuff. I also get questions about our products, then my replies can be more like advertising.

I don't see why you guys make such a big deal about it. If you don't want to reply then you don't have to.

Does anybody make use of the buddy/ignore list?

Have any of you contacted other people by other means? Skype or some other instant messaging? CaseyK, it is time for another poll.

I get quite a few but I think it is because my name is usually first on the active user list when I am online. The people who send me questions tend to be brand new to the forum. I generally tell them to post their question as a topic where they can get a variety of opinions and leave it at that.

I didn't realize it was such a prestigious club.

allscott said:
I get quite a few but I think it is because my name is usually first on the active user list when I am online. The people who send me questions tend to be brand new to the forum. I generally tell them to post their question as a topic where they can get a variety of opinions and leave it at that.

I didn't realize it was such a prestigious club.

You know you are really in when you get a personal visit and are shown the "Secret Handshake"!