RS232 to Ethenet

Jon R

Does anyone know of a good rs232 to ethernet converter.

I need to connect an Idec touchscreen and PLC but their small one only uses RS232, and due to the project manager changing his mind the PLC needs to be located about 100m from the screen.

Cheers,

Jon.

funny you should mention that, i got a call today about mits FX2N ethernet connection instead of using westemo GPRS modem. I don't think we are going to use a westemo ethernet modual Mit's make a ethernet modual which sits on the FX2N bus.

Try the DeviceMaster RTS, or DeviceMaster AIR products. The Air offers wired or wireless in one unit, and can be bought through our site for only $99.

If you'd like to evaluate one free for 60 days, please contact me, and I'd be happy to arrange this for you.

B&B electronics and Moxa both make easy to use models with practically the same options.

I wasn't fond of Lantronix the one time I dealt with it, but I'm speaking from increadibly limited exposure to their products.