Ethernet to DH+ converter

ezerhan

I have an existing system that consists of a SLC504 with a Prosoft Module, a PanelView 1000 (2711-K10C8) and Wonderware InTouch HMI. PanelView talks to the SLC on the DH+ network.

I am looking into upgrading the PLC to SLC505 for ethernet communications. Upgrading the SLC and Wonderware should be easy. My concern is more on the PanelView.

Should I also upgrade the PV to one that supports Ethernet? Won't that be costly?

Does AB or any other company sell an Ethernet to DH+ converter? Is this going to be a straight forward configuration?

I also considered using the Serial port on the SLC505. But for future programming development and maintenance I would like to keep it open.

Your input on this is appreciated. Thank you for your time in advance.

Ezerhan