TCP Screen with View - English/Metric units

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have to replace an old PC based OIT with a large Quickpanel (our standard unit). I have plenty of exerience with these but I need to have a selection bit to toggle between metric and english units for the data entries and the display readouts.

My question is this... does anyone know of how to do this in the Quickpanel rather than having to do it in the PLC.

My current thoughts are that I am going to have to have a whole set of metric screens and English screens, and corresponding PLC 'input and output' registers, with a bit toggle to write the english or metric values to some working registers with appropriate maths (25.4).

In a SCADA package I would just divide or multiply by 25.4 but I dont think this is an option. This is the approach of the existing obsolete OIT.

Sorry for the long winded explanation

Chris

I'm not much help on the quick panel but I have had this type of problem before. Does the quick panel have a scale function? If it does you may be able to use it and change the scale factor from 1 to 25.4 with the press of a button. You must also check the decimal point. It can be trouble if it has a fixed length.

I think I am just going to have to bite the bullet and do it the long/ hard way. I have looked at the GP Pro software for the screen (usually use Quickdesigner or Proficy) and fould it does support scaling but only a hard coded value in the HMI

Chris

Personally, I think it would be easier to do it in the PLC, but if you really need to do it in the Quick Panel, look into using a script. Have the QP display an internal tag and use the script to calculate the internal tag's value based on whether you want to show English or Metric units.