PV1000 Standard string display

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
What's the best way to display a string on a PanelView1000 Standard Color Terminal?

I have an ASCII entry object in an existing application that uses an integer array for both read and write tags.

I would like to display the contents of ST19:0 below it. I don't want an entry object, just display the contents of the string.

Panelbuilder Help didn't, but I hope one of you can...

Thanks in advance,
Paul

What type of Panelbuilder object do I use?

I have created the tag using the address ST19:0, as a character array with a length of 20 characters and it will verify, I just don't know how to display it.

Does this help?

stringfile.jpg

Bruce has got it, for some reason there is no "ASCII Data Display" object like there is a "Numeric Data Display". You have to embed the string in a static text field.

Make sure you address your string register as S9:0.1 in the tag editor. If you leave out the .1 you'll miss the first 2 characters of the string.