S7-400 to wonderware

allscott

I am planning on hooking up a S7-400 to a wonderware server using a CP 443 card.

Do I need simatic.net in order to make this work?

As always, thanks in advance.

I'm going to bump this once because I know there are plenty of Siemens experts here and maybe they all missed it (or maybe it was too dumb of a question to ask in the first place :nodi: ).

My mission is to get 3 tags from a S7-400 into Wonderware. I was told by some upper management types that really don't know a thing about this kind of stuff that I had to use ethernet so I bought a CP443-1 card. I haven't dove into any manuals yet, I would just like to know if I need any additional software, other than S7, to make this work so I can buy it before I need to figure the rest of it out.

Is the question whether you need Simatic Net to setup CP443? or to make Wonderware work.

What version of Step 7 are you running? Are you going to use S7 OPC or driver from WW?

I am using S7 v5.3. I plan on using the WW driver. So I am wondering if I need simatic.net to set up the 443

Thank you, I plan on breaking out the books and figuring this out next week. I didn't want to start this and find out I didn't have everything I needed.

I might be back on this, I only get a chance to work on Siemens a couple of times a year so I have a re-learning curve everytime I want to do something.

Quick Steps:

1. Open Project and go to hardware manager of your CPU
2. Insert CP443 in appropriate slot
3. Set CP IP and Insert Ethernet Network
4. Save + Compile
5. Downlaod to CPU
6. Open Command Prompt and Check your IP on your PC is in same band
7. Ping PLC

Your Done
Nick

Thanks again,

Can I download just the changes in the hardware manager or do I have to download all of the blocks as well?

I've never been confident uploading the program, I am new at this plant and am not 100% sure the offline copy of the project is the same as the running copy.