<No Devices> with Versa View 1250H

JohnU

Hello: I have a new out of the box Versa View 1250H terminal. I am trying to connect this to a DH485 network and SLC 5/03. In RSLInx I can see my laptop and SLC but not the Versa View terminal.

On the terminal when I select terminal Settings | Networks and Communications | RSLinx enterprise communications I see Virtual backplane, Ethernet, and Serial-DF1. However, all of these show <No Devices>. Hence I am unable to configure the node number of the terminal as described in the manual. I have cabled the terminal to my SLC network via the DH485 connector.

I also have a Panel View 600 that exhibits the same problem so I suppose I am doing the same thing wrong there as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Well, DF1 is RS232 so that's why it won't see the PV+ or PV.

In RSView ME, go into "RSLinx Enterprise" - "Communications Setup."
Once there, right click on the "RS Linx Enterprise, COMPUTER NAME" and then add a driver for RS-485. That may get you started.

On the PV600... may be something similar. There, you are going to have to have a copy of RSLinx Classic and configure the RS-485 driver in that. If you're trying to get your laptop to talk to the PV for screen transfers, then RSLinx Lite (the one that comes with RSLogix500) should be ok.

Anyway, play around with the RS-485 drivers and see if that helps. It probably will. Eventually <g>.