CLX DH+ fault

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hey guys,

I have a 1756-DHRIO/B, that is faulted "bad class" ???

From the help file "16#0005 An incompatibility exists between the software and the module."

But I can't find much of anything else, it looks like channel A is the fault B is ok

clx1111.gif

I have a similar problem right now and I hope someone can point me to the right direction.

I'm doing a DH+ MSG (array of 25 INTs)from a 1756-L63 thru 1756-DHRIO to a PLC5-40/V Ch1A (Ch1B in RIO mode, 230K).

The 1756-DHRIO is set to ChA 230K so ChB is disabled. The MSG executes with no error and the data is being received at the PLC5. The CLX IO config however, shows an IO Faulted error (Code 16#0005) Connection Request Error. Bad Class (see attached screen captures). As per the Rockwell knowledgebase it is Switch 1 and 6 but I tried putting Sw6 (ChB) in different positions and same result. Sw1 (ChA) is in position 3, DH+ 230K. Can't find anything else in the KB or the net. Any help is appreciated. Thx.

CLX_IO_Config.jpg

DHRIO_MSG_Config_1.jpg

DHRIO_MSG_Config_2.jpg

If you put switch S1 to pos 3 then you set Channel 1A DH+ to 230kbaud

With 230K DH+ channel 1B will be automatically disabled

If DHRIO does not have RIO (1B) then you will see this error in I/O configuration.

So rule is simple delete DHRIO module from I/O configuration, it should not be there - valid for all comm modules

Also
Even S1 is set to pos 3, S6 must be in pos 0-2 - all other selections are invalid and will fault the module

Last edited:
Contr_Conn,

Thanks for the tip; removed the DHRIO from the IO tree and the fault indication disappeared.

Now, how do I monitor if there is actually a fault in the DHRIO module? I was trying to search for any CIP messaging example in the RA KB but so far found nothing.

GSV wont work as it requires the module to be in IO tree. Thx in advance for any help.