CLX Generic Ethernet Module comm fault

R_C

I have added a Generic Ethernet Module to a Control Logix processor. Where can I find the fault code in the Control Logix that shows I have lost communication to the module?

I use the same method for all modules, whether they use a Module Profile or if they're Generic; I periodically read the Module Object's Status value with a Get System Variable (GSV) instruction.

Do a Forums search for 'GSV Module EntryStatus' and you'll find several examples. Here's one with an actual screenshot: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=3657

Similar Topics

Hi, When using the generic ethernet module instead of the AOP, will the EDS-file still be necessary? I've seen some programs where I don't...
Replies
Views
I'm using a Controllogix 1769-L24ER-QBFC1B and trying to setup a Generic Ethernet Module to communicate to a Hilsher NT50 ethernet I/P to...
Replies
Views
Hi All Is there such a card as generic sercos card for control logix. I think I remember someone telling me about it. If so has anyone used...
Replies
Views
Controller: 1756-L84E v.35 Prosoft MVI56E-MNETC for ModbusTCP/IP I'm having an issue with some of my write commands. The write command that...
Replies
Views
I have several Avery scale units and they are configured as Generic Ethernet modules, and I am actually reading the data fine for the weight...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom